100% Hemp Machine Made Papers

Visit us at Home – Mill26 for more information. 

  • RENEWABLE:  1 Acre of Hemp can produce as much paper as 4-10 acres of trees over a 20 year cycle.  Hemp does not need pesticides or herbicides
  • HIGHER CELLULOSE CONTENT:  Trees are made up of only 30% cellulose.  This requires the use of toxic chemicals to remove the other 70%.  Hemp, on the other hand, can have up to 85% cellulose content.
  • LOWER LIGNIN CONTENT:  Hemp has lower lignin content than wood.  Hemp contains 5 – 24% lignin whereas wood has 20-35%.  This is advantageous as lignin must be removed from the pulp before it can be processed as paper.
  • DURABLE:  Hemp paper is more durable than trees. Hemp does not yellow, crack, or deteriorate like tree paper.  It is also one of the strongest natural fibers in the world, proving its longevity and durability.
  • NON TOXIC WHITENING:  Hemp Paper does not require the use of toxic bleaching or other chemicals as wood pulp. Hemp can be whitened with hydrogen peroxide which is consumed in the process.
  • RECYCABLE:  Hemp paper can be recycled up to 8 times; whereas, wood pulp can only be recycled 3 times.  It is also compostable and biodegradable.
  • MORE STRETCH:  Cottrell Paper’s 100% machine made hemp paper produced has more stretch built into it. Our hemp paper can stretched in both directions allowing it to be folded without the risk of cracking.  This special process also greatly increases the ability of the paper to absorb energy without breaking when stressed.